ICE’s ninth Coastal Management conference will gather engineers, scientists, coastal managers, governments and communities to find bold solutions to a changing coastline.
Du mardi 24 septembre 2019 au jeudi 26 septembre 2019
La Rochelle - Pays de la Loire
As climate change leads to changing storms and rising sea levels, coastal management is an increasingly salient issue. ICE’s ninth Coastal Management conference will gather engineers, scientists, coastal managers, governments and communities to find bold solutions to a changing coastline.
The conference will focus on new approaches to coastal engineering that integrate with planning and ‘place-shaping’ to encourage bold adaptation to coastal change, and that balance environmental and community concerns.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Prospective authors are invited to submit a two page abstract for the chance to present at the conference. Suggested topics include:
- The link between engineering and social, economic and environmental improvement
- How engineers can work with those outside the profession to find long term solutions
- The benefits of clear and confident decision making
- Integrating local infrastructure into the broader coastal management picture
- How coastal management issues can be used to drive positive changes
- How better coastal management can bring about economic, environmental and community benefits.
- Managing the impact of change upon those it affects